RE: Door alignment on a GEN III

From: Rick Barnes (rascal@scrtc.com)
Date: Wed Jan 18 2006 - 17:30:21 EST

I had a 1960 Ford Van ...loooonnngg ago. I was so proud of the pos...I
would put my HD in the back and drive to the races and sleep right beside
it, and do other things...(oh the stories that van could tell).
Anyways...(flashback), ahem..

I was backing out of my driveway and my friend Stan was in the passenger
side. As I looked out over my left shoulder to back out, Stan jumped out
his door, (unbeknownst to me), and did not quite give his door enough of a
shove to close it. I heard this terrible sound and looked at his seat and
not only was he not there, neither was the door...it was hanging on by the
little canvas strap, now dragging on the ground....it had caught on a nearby
maple tree and the tree won. I just sat there in disbelief as my now
ex-friend peered in from the now new entranceway. I must admit, we laughed
our butts off. I was very lucky though. The door was totally unharmed but
the hinges had snapped off right in the middle of each of them. We simply
put the door back on and I had a buddy with a welder that ran a bead on each
hinge and darn, it was nearly as good as new.
Stan is now still serving in the French Foreign Legion, whereabouts
unknown.....

Rascal