Re: Dakota Hill (National DML Meet)

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 09:42:21 EST

On Tue, January 24, 2006 5:01 pm, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Something like the Lariat Trail maybe? http://tinyurl.com/7b4qb
> :-) Granted, I don't know what the speed limit is on that particular
> road, but from what I have seen there are lots and lots of promising
> looking roads out there. I've been looking at the general area north
> of the campground, east of Breckenridge, and west of Denver which seems
> to be a very likely area for some of our scenic drives, and its just
> loaded with twisties. It looks more like the aftermath of an explosion
> in a yarn factory than a road map. ;-) And of course, the campground
> is literally 5 minutes away from Pike's Peak, which is definitely on
> the schedule. :-)

INDEED. Roads like that are amazingly fun. I'm dying to go through some
areas like that. The last time I had the opportunity was in a rented
cavalier sedan, it was a less than stellar performer.

Jason makes a good point about the police though. I'll see what I can dig up
on the motorcycle forums, perhaps they know some really great backroads that
are off the beaten (and patrolled) path.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.