Re: Dakota Hill (National DML Meet)

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 09:39:46 EST

On Tue, January 24, 2006 5:37 pm, Jason Bleazard wrote:

> My list of interested parties is up to 36. There are several "maybes" on
> there. I'm hoping we'll add a few more as we get closer. A lot of people
> are
> making their own arrangements for camping or motels, which is why the DML HQ
> isn't overflowing.

I guess maybe I should join the national meet group, I'd know this stuff
already then.

> One thing about the schedule is that during the summer we could get in to an
> afternoon thunderstorm cycle. If that happens, we'll get good weather in the
> morning until about 3:00 or 4:00, when the skies will open up and pour rain
> mercilessly. This happens in the desert every so often just due to daytime
> heating (and Colorado does qualify as a desert). It's worse in late August
> or
> September, but it is a possibility. I'm thinking we probably do want to have
> stuff planned for every morning, in case that's the only dry time we end up
> having.
>
> Come to think of it, I seem to remember that you experienced this when you
> went to the Grand Canyon, didn't you?

Gotcha. I had forgotten about the storms. The one we experienced at the
grand canyon was pure insanity. It began drizzling and then all the sudden
opened up. We couldn't see out of the car windows at all and felt like the
rain would come in anyway. It was brutal.

You can see the rain pretty good in this pic:
http://album.omg-stfu.com/photos/albums/canyon/DSCN1631.jpg
We could see the storm coming and it sure moved pretty quick. It appeared
and then overtook the whole area in less than 90 minutes.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.