Satellite radio (was: Stereo install)

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 19:01:12 EST

On Wed, December 28, 2005 9:57 am, Andy Levy said:

> If given a choice...I'd rather have Sirius built in when I
> get a car.

Hey Andy,

I've been meaning to ask you how you like the Sirius, now that you've had it
for a while. Do you just use it to listen to Stern, or do you listen to it
the rest of the time as well?

We got an XM radio from my dad when we were back in Utah. For some reason, he
had a spare sitting around, and told me if I signed up for an account I could
have the radio. He and most of his airplane group use XM in their planes.
I'm not sure why they went with XM instead of Sirius, it seems to be that one
of them started the trend and the rest of them decided they'd all like to be
on the same system or something.

Norah and I decided that satellite radio is the best thing ever invented for
road trips (next to gas stations). Our in-dash CD player had apparently
overheated at one point on the trip there, I'm guessing due to a combination
of constant use plus the amount of heat we were pumping through the defroster
vents. The dash was pretty warm to touch. Lemme tell ya... when the CD
player dies in the middle of Nebraska, it pretty well sucks, because there are
only two radio stations in the area, and they're both playing drunken cowboy
music. Having the XM for the trip home was fantastic. My favorite feature
has to be the song display. We got a lot of miles out of "name that tune"
:-).