Re: Where do you put the booster box?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 20:27:27 EST

"Jason Bleazard" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

: Question for anyone who has one of those battery jump start boxes: when using
: one and there's nobody else around to hold it, where do you set it so it
: doesn't fall in to the fan when the engine starts? I'm hoping someone out
: there has some ideas.

  I don't have one of those boxes, but I am guessing the problem is that
the leads are too short? If so, perhaps they would be long enough to
attach to the battery, then lower the hood down so its just resting on
the latch, and set the booster on top of the hood? Either that, or if
you've got a set of jumper cables in the truck, set the booster on the
ground and use the jumper cables to connect it to the battery. If the
booster has a carrying handle, you may be able to use a bungee cord
or an S hook or something to hang it outside the truck, in front of
the grill or outside the fender.

--
                                          -Jon-

.- Jon Steiger --- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -. | 67 Dodge Coronet, 70 Plymouth Barracuda, 76 Peugeot TSA | | 78 Dodge B100, 90 Dodge Dakota Convertible, 92 Dodge Ram 4x4 | | 96 Dodge Dakota, 96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, 96 Kolb FireFly | | 99 Jeep Cherokee 4x4, 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD | `--------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com --'