Re: Re: Hydraulic lifts

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Jan 28 2006 - 20:21:00 EST

"DAKSY" <rsmith13@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

: Hey, Jon!

: <snip> IIRC, it was around $3K<snip>

: $3K...hmmmmmmm...not TOO bad...coupla retirement cheaks...

   Yep, when we were building the barn, we had planned to install a pit,
but discovered that it would cost just as much as a lift, plus the lift
gets the tires off the ground which allows working on the suspension,
tires, etc.

: <snip> There are a number of manufacturers, I think they'll range from
: $2-10K depending on capacity, features, name brand, etc. They
: make "low profile" ones also if you don't have enough ceiling
: height for a traditional overhead style.<snip>

: Low profile, huh? I've got 10' ceilings in the garage, so I could get one of
: them little rolly seats to work from...

 Yep, there are a few options - check out eagleequip.com to get an
idea of what is available. The low profile ones have the cross cable
on the ground instead of overhead.

: Did you do the install?

  Yep, it was pretty easy, you just need to make sure the concrete
pad is of the proper specs as called for by the lift manufacturer.
(IIRC, the concrete is either 6" or 8" below the lift, as opposed to
the 4" for the rest of the building.) We had the guys who poured the
concrete drill the anchor holes for us since they were there anyway and
had the proper equipment. Everything else was just bolting it
together. (It also helped to have a brother who is a weightlifter
when it came time to stand the posts upright.) ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.- Jon Steiger --- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -. | 67 Dodge Coronet, 70 Plymouth Barracuda, 76 Peugeot TSA | | 78 Dodge B100, 90 Dodge Dakota Convertible, 92 Dodge Ram 4x4 | | 96 Dodge Dakota, 96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, 96 Kolb FireFly | | 99 Jeep Cherokee 4x4, 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD | `--------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com --'