More about the 4.7 Daks (Mark and whoever else thinks it`s interesting!)

From: steve preston (steves287dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 28 2006 - 20:46:34 EST

I just wanted to chime in on the topic of
4.7`s,because I had the same questions as you at one
time about this "new" 4.7 engine. Actually, when I was
looking to replace my 99 Dak V6 with a V8 Dak,I had
more concerns about the "new" multispeed (45RFE)
transmission than the engine. (This was around the
time of 9/11 when I had been looking,and finally
decided the world wasn`t going to end right away and
to go ahead and buy one).

After owning my 2001 Dak for five years now,I can tell
you that the engine and transmission both are very
reliable. The gas mileage on any V8 Dodge usually
falls between "poor" and "not that bad",and mine is
not that bad. I basically replaced my 99 Dak with an
exact 2001 replacement as far as both being RC
automatics and 4X4,with the same gears (3.92),and the
4.7 gets slightly better mileage than the 3.9 did,even
though the 4.7 and it`s transmission together are VERY
heavy. Overall,I`m very happy with my truck. I used to
get on here and whimper periodically about the
intermittent problems I was having with my 99,and
everybody helped out the best they could without
seeing the problem. But I have not needed to do that
for years! Thanks Dodge! :)