Re: Re: Hydraulic lifts

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 28 2006 - 23:56:51 EST

Hey, Jon!

<snip> Yep, there are a few options - check out eagleequip.com to get an
idea of what is available. The low profile ones have the cross cable
 on the ground instead of overhead<snip>

Cool. I'll check it out...

<snip> Yep, it was pretty easy, you just need to make sure the concrete
pad is of the proper specs as called for by the lift manufacturer.
 (IIRC, the concrete is either 6" or 8" below the lift, as opposed to
 the 4" for the rest of the building.) We had the guys who poured the
 concrete drill the anchor holes for us since they were there anyway and
 had the proper equipment. Everything else was just bolting it
 together<snip>

Hmmm...I'll hafta check THAT out...My floor was poured probably about
1956...Not even sure how thick
it is - BUT - it DOES have a basement underneath, so I have some room for
modification - if need be...

<snip>(It also helped to have a brother who is a weightlifter when it came
time to stand the posts upright<snip>

DANG! No brothers...But, HEY! Susan's daughter has a horse that's half
Percheron & half Thoroughbred...
She oughta be able to move some big stuff with the right rigging...8-)

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5Speed
2K05 HD 883C YP

WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/