Re: Hydraulic lifts (was: '98 LSD differential noise)

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jan 29 2006 - 12:41:20 EST

Hey, Miles...

<snip> I bought the lift from Conroe Equipment sales, online.

http://www.alignment.biz/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=149&osCsid=268
83325d75f59ff1c1139fac233f445
 <snip>

Ok, Thanx, I'll check it out

<snip> Its over 1500 lbs so Its not an easy to move item.<snip>

Does THAT mean it's completely assembled?

<snip> I have to make sure I have enough bodies to move it when it gets
 here but they should be able to back up to the shop, use a pallet
 jack and adjust the drop gate and roll it in but I am not counting on
 anything.<snip>

Geez, ya'd think there's be a lot of boxes for this thing - INSIDE a
packing crate, so
ya could handle some of it w/o a lift....

<snip> After more than 25 years of creepers, floor jacks, too short jack
stands
and the constant 'down and under' I'll be able to see more, do more, and
 not get as much garbage dumped on me when I fix something. I'm tired of
 the dirt and mud,rust that gets past the safety glasses, in my mouth, and
all over me because I rubbed up against something while under the vehicle.
It
 won't all be gone, but it will be reduced.<snip>

I've worked under big rigs, both in a pit & under lifts & ANYTHING is better
than laying T*Ts up
under a vehicle...

<snip> It will eventually pay for itself in my mind by giving me a much
better
work area and the ability to do more stuff myself than taking our
 daily drivers to a shop. Just being able to change the oil without laying
 flat on my back will be wonderful<snip>

Agreed!

<snip> I also have a couple of projects coming up that requires body removal
that
without the lift I won't be able to do. Like a frame off restoration of a
 1928 Model A ford that is my Father-in-laws<snip>

Aw, MAN! I envy you there...I'd love to get my hands on a '33
Plymouth...That was my Dad's first car...

<snip>Better stock up on PB-Blaster for those over 75 year old nuts<snip>

Does PBB come in 55-gal drums!?!?!?!LOL

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5Speed
2K05 HD 883C YP