Re: 285 40 17 tires on R/T rims.

From: Woodruff, Jason P (jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 13:48:26 EST

What are you looking for the tires to do? Look good, perform well, or a
little of both?

In my opinion, shorter overall diameter than stock tires look a little
funny. But if your looking for no compromise handling, it's the only
way to go. I'm running 255/45/17 Kumho MXs on 17x8" rims and will never
tires that looked good (stock overall diameter), and handled decently.
I also had some 275/60/17 falken something tires that looked very good
(30" tires), handled a little greasy, but drove like crap with crap
mileage.

BTW I was lowered about 2.5" all around. 4" now, so 28" tires might be
out of the question now.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

------------------
I got my new (98) Dak this past Thursday, I already started buying stuff
for
it. My question is, does anyone know how big a tire (wide) will fit on a

17x9 R/T rim? I just bought a set of them and now need tires. Has anyone

seen 285/40R17's on these wheels? Anyone have any pictures of these
tires on
the R/T wheels. Also, does anyone have and R/T suspension parts for
sale?
(or lowering parts?)
Mark Kuzia
"mskuzia@comcast.net