RE: Shock suggestions for lowered Gen II

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 13:05:49 EST

Stock length in front, a couple inches shorter in the rear.

> I would it to
> handle well, but I really want it to do well down the 1/4 mile...

You can do either *one* well or both mediocre. Only you can decide which
is more important.

> I was
> thinking some adjustable drag shocks, but don't know if it is worth it.

They're worth it if you're willing to spend $140 each for them. QA1 Stocker
Star shocks are 12-way adjustable and give you the best of both worlds if
you're willing to make the adjustments each time you go to or leave a track.
I'm extremely fond of mine! :-)

> am also using a energy suspension kit and replacing all the bushings, ball
> joints, and stuff like that. Thanks for any input...

Good stuff. Keep in mind that for best performance on the track you will
need to lose your front sway bar (if you have one) but will give up some
handling on the street. The other choice is tires. The best handling
ones are not good for the track and the best for the track are not great on
the street. Choices, choices.... Check the link below.

Ray

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |