Re: Tire prices

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 21:52:38 EST

On 2/7/06, Jason Bleazard <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:
> Does Costco sell Bridgestones? (Adam?)
> A membership might pay for itself in a hurry if they do.

That's what I thought back when I put the BFGs on my '99. I got a
BJ's membership a few months earlier, anticipating the tire purchase,
and figured I'd save the $40 the membership cost on that purchase
alone. At the time, I was single, no pets, what else am I buying
there?

The membership saved me about $12. BJ's was something like $115 after
all was said and done (they don't include mounting, balancing, tire
disposal fee, etc. on the placards when you're browsing the store),
while a better-reputation tires-only shop locally was $118 out the
door with free lifetime rotations.

Lesson: check around and get all the hidden costs before trying this stunt :)

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |