Re: Travel trailer towing MPG?

From: Korey Atterberry (korey99@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 08:13:14 EST

Andy Levy wrote:

> Your V8 will barely notice the pop-up is back there. The low profile
> makes a huge difference (aerodynamics), I wouldn't expect your mileage
> difference to be much more than what you saw w/ the V6.

My hope is that I'll see the same mileage in the new truck as in the old
truck, both towing and solo highway. The old truck was a 3.7L with
3.92's, but the new is the 4.7L with 3.55's.

It was AMAZING to me what difference the 3.92's make with the V6 as far
as performance and acceleration go, but the mileage capped out around 17
on the highway. I'm hoping the 3.55's in the new truck help out the
highway figures, or at least partially make up for the v8 upgrade.

I know this is silly, but I've often wondered about some sort of sock or
something that attaches to the back of the van/truck and to the front of
the trailer, making one big streamlined unit. Sometimes guys put a
spandex panel between the front fairing and rear tailbox on a
fully-faired bicycle, so I've often wondered if that would help the
towability of a full height travel trailer!

Korey
.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |