Re: Re: Starting, Fuel Pressure ?

From: m.meyerhoff@mchsi.com
Date: Fri Feb 10 2006 - 00:57:44 EST

Yes my 92 is MPI, sorry I forgot to post year. I had just filled up about
about a mile from my house and it died in my driveway (lucky I know). The
first thing I did was change the external filter.

I probably should go ahead and buy a new pump and sock. Even if it turns out
to be some other electrical problem not powering the pump, the pump is due at
250K (and I already have access since the bed is off).

mm

> MM, okay, now it seems for sure that you have MPI. I wasn't sure before.
> When you first turn the key to the on position on any fuel injected vehicle,
> the relay is supposed to energize the pump for two seconds to put the
> correct pressure back into the line.
>
> Correct pressure for Mopar MPI is 44 to 49 pounds. I can't remember who told
> me this, but they said that MPI injectors require 26 psi to overcome the
> injector resistance.
>
> When the problem first came up, did you have at least eight gallons in the
> tank? Or about 11.7 gallons if it is a22 gallon tank. This will help
> eliminate the filter as the problem. By the way, the pump you get from NAPA
> comes with a new filter and sending unit. One little hangup, Daks around
> that time changed from return pumps to non-return pumps, make sure you know
> which system you have. Biff

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |