'46 Dakota Progress!

From: Bob (64ragtop@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 18:10:21 EST

I just bought a '91 Dak shortie, with a V-6 as a platform for my '46
Dakota project. Just to show y"all how wacked I am, I want to replace
the "Dodge" emblems on the sides of the hood (which are missing anyway)
with "Dakota" badges. However, for now, the project will be stripping
the Dak of everything useable in the project and (hopefully) selling the
bed, cab, doors, whatever doesn't go into the project vehicle to
partially recover my expenses.

On a related note, there's another '46 Dodge pickup on egag that I had
looked at, with the auction closing soon (like 8 hours from now). For
whatever reason, the guy has it bolted to an S-10 frame. Looking at his
pictures provoked another question. Does the Dak frame have a
significant kick up behind the cablike the S-10? If so, I'll have to
raise the bed floor to get it all to line up and keep the "look" of the
'46. I don't suppose that will be any more of a challenge than locating
mounting points for the old body on the newer frame, but I'm just curious.

Whoopee, this is gonna be fun!

Oh, and I do want to post pictures, and see what y'all have been working
on. I don't see any attachments on the digest mode. Guess I need to go
to individual messages like on the yahoo groups???

Later!

BC

.
.