Re: Bad Ball Joint

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 17 2006 - 15:36:31 EST

On 2/17/06, Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Feb 2006, Andy Levy wrote:
>

> > On 2/17/06, Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Just wanted to share with you all yet another confirmation that Dakota
> > > ball joints do indeed fail. Saw a flame red Gen III shortbox reg cab
> > > pulled over on I-390 Northbound near the Rush exit with his 4 ways on and
> > > his driver's steer leaning about 15 degrees inboard.....
> >
> > Rough day for that to happen. How's your truck handle the crosswinds
> > we're getting today?
> >

> with the steering slop I've got right now (damn I need to remember to
> call PSC!), it would be annoying in a head or tail wind but fine in a
> crosswind. the Jetta did alright, a bit more movement than I expected.
> Too bad my rear swaybar won't be here till next week. I expect a lot of
> what I was feeling was just body motion...

Forgot you had the Jetta. I'd love to put some strut braces & heftier
sway bars on my Subie, plus I just found some pretty hot rims for only
$80 each on TireRack, but home improvement is a higher priority right
now, and we can't seem to get out of Lowes or Depot for under $75 per
visit, a couple times a week :)

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |