OT: [LONG] 1997 RAM 1500 with tranny leak from the cooler

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Feb 18 2006 - 18:18:23 EST

DMLers:

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out on this one:

I have a brother-in-law with a 1997 RAM 1500 4x2. It has the automatic tranny in which
the fluid runs through a cooler in the grill area. ( Actually the tranny cooler is
sandwiched between the A/C coils and the radiator.) On the way to the tranny cooler
the fluid takes a detour thru the radiator. There is an 'upper' port and a 'lower' port
for the tranny fluid to flow thru.

So, there is a short 8" rubber hose that goes from the lower port on the radiator to a
long section of metal tubing that eventually gets to the tranny.

This is where the leak is. To be exect, the leak is coming from the where the rubber
hose mates with the port on the radiator.

Q: If I order this rubber hose assembly, can someone explain how I should go about
replacing it.

-dan

Dan K.

Dakota Club Cab LE, silver two-tone, born on June 24th, 1992 at 19:00.
S/N: 677504

Future Plans: 5.9L engine swap, cat-back exhaust, 3.91 rear