Re: WAS: Rollin rollin rollin NOW: Sitting sitting sitting...

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 14:44:23 EST

On 2/23/06, Jason Bleazard <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

> On Thu, February 23, 2006 12:48 pm, Andy Levy said:
> >
> > On 2/23/06, jon@dakota-truck.net <jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Never had one myself (knock on wood) ;-) but I think Jason &
> >> Norah had the right idea - justice of the peace, few to no
> >> witnesses, minimum fuss. My brother did the same thing.
> >
> > The only danger in doing that is upsetting people who didn't get
> > invited as the "few witnesses" - <sexist pig>that'd be likely to cause
> > more strife on the bride's side of the aisle than the groom's</sexist
> > pig>, but something to be aware of. I've seen it happen myself.
>
> Hey, the City Hall thing was Norah's idea, I had nothing to worry about in
> regards to upsetting her. As for the number of attendees, I invited my
> family, they just couldn't be bothered. Their loss.

Actually I was referring to another friend's wedding. I knew all the
details of the wedding, but wasn't invited. I did, however, know who
was and there was one person conspicuously missing from the list, and
when that one person later was sent photos of the event and saw who
*had* been invited...well, I played dumb (save the wisecracks), but
the omitted person was pretty ticked.

BTW, "few to no witnesses" is a good guideline for lots of things, not
just weddings :)

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |