RE: 440 Powered Dak?

From: Joseph A. Orsini (Joeman@gbonline.com)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 14:58:35 EST

Jon and everyone that replied,

Thanks for the replies. The '99 is a 5spd and even with a
440 would remain a manual trans of some sort so that would
not be an issue. I was concerned about the gauges and all
that. Seems like more of a project than it would be worth.
I am away of the Megasquirt stuff as I am considering
cobbling together a SBO FI setup using stock parts from the
factory FI 350 Olds that came in some Cadillacs, I've been
told the best route is to use a Megasquirt controller. Ah
well it is fun to dream! :D

-Joe

> I don't recall off the top of my head what the
> transmission
> situtation would be in '99. It might be
> controlled by the
> computer, in which case you'd need to swap out
> the trans also.
> (Then again, maybe that's something that you
> would do anyway,
> given the extra power of the big block.) If you
> were to do
> this swap, I think you could probably expect to
> gut the dash
> and build your own gauge panel, 'cause almost none of the
> gauges, indicator lights, etc. will work without
> the computer.

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |