Re: WAS: Rollin rollin rollin NOW: Sitting sitting sitting...

From: Eric Hufstedler (mopar@ehuffy.com)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 01:05:56 EST

First off, congrats!

> We already started putting the invite list together, and it went
> over the 150 mark damn quick. We had to start whittling it down
> almost immediately.

> Who out there has had a "small" wedding and how did you choose
> the people that would get invited over the ones that wouldn't???

Well, not everyone would want it this small, but I got married last
year, and we turned the knob all the way down to "parents and
siblings". A family friend is a judge, so we got married up in the
courthouse tower.

Then, a month later we had a reception for friends, which was really
just a big party at the zoo. This solves a couple problems: you
can separate the logistics of planning both events at the same
time, and it makes for a nice, casual, fun time. Oh, and the third
thing is we didn't tell the zoo it was a "wedding" party. It was
just a party. Saves a lot on the cash.

We and our friends had a great time, no one had to deal with
dressing up, etc.

So, if if fits your idea of a good party, it's a total blast for
way less money.

And remember: It's about you and your wife! Not members of the
family, etc.

Eric

.
.