Re: Ball Joint and shock replacement problems...

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 04:16:45 EST

Hey, Chris..

<snip> Also, I severed the lower shock bolt mount in half while removing the
shock.
There's about 3" sticking out of the hole. Anyone know how I can best
remove this? I have plenty of threads availalbe that I could put some nuts
 on to<snip>

If you have 3" of the threads left, just grab it with a pair of good vise
grips & twist it out...Ya might wanna soak it in PB Blaster or some other
penetrating oil over night to loosen it, but it should come right out with
the vise grips...
HTH,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5Speed