Re: Dakota or Durango???

From: Korey Atterberry (korey99@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2006 - 19:57:02 EST

Jason Bleazard wrote:
> Unfortunately, you might have a tough time finding a used truck with the 3.92
> gears, as the 3.55 were standard and it's something most people don't think
> about. If I were looking on the used market for something with a 5000+ lb tow
> rating, I'd be seriously thinking of moving up to a Ram, at least a 1500.
> Just MHO.

I'll second that observation. When I was shopping for my latest Dak,
the only trucks that had the 3.92 gears were the V6 4x4's (like my
previous truck). I'll also agree that for 5000 lbs I think carefully
about a Ram. In my (albeit limited) towing experience with Dakotas, 75%
percent of the tow rating is where things start to get a little
uncomfortable. If nothing else, on a 5000 trailer, you're going to want
500-750lbs of tongue weight, the dakota does squat quite a bit, for what
it's worth.

Just my 2 cents.

Korey

.