Re: Speedo question.

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 20:25:53 EST

That's what I thought. I was having a conversation with someone recently who
was looking for a new speedometer gear for his 97 to correct after a gear and
tire swap. I was under the impression the speedometers were sensor driven
after 93 or 94 and the group of people we were with kept saying I was talking
out my ass. They all insist it was cable driven until mid 98 and I could have
sworn my 96 was electric.

Walt

In article <00ba01c64181$ab537d80$dd97c944@aoldsl.net>, awyse@sw.rr.com ("Aaron
Wyse") writes:

> I can confirm the 93 & 94 sensing from the tailshaft. I've had to do a bit
> of researching on mine after putting a 93 harness into my 94; I've yet to
> make the harness alterations to trigger the speedo(I'd rather add wires than
> route a cable), and kill the airbag lights.
> Aaron W

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |