Re: Which 3" mufflers have the deepest tone?

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 21:47:58 EST

I have the mopar performance 3" cat-back and am very happy with it. If
you watch the extraction video, mine is the exhaust that is the clearest
throughout the tape, because my tailpipe was pointed straight at the
camera. The best part is, if you go to your stealer, and if they don't
have one in stock, have them search all dealers. They are often deeply
discounted just to get rid of them. I think I barely paid over $100 for
mine from Dodge...

Dan Kramarsky wrote:

> Hey DMLers,
>

> I am interesting in getting a vote for the deepest, mellow, but most aggressive tone from
> a 3" muffler on in this config:
>
> * 5.2L powered truck
> * 4 x 9" Oval muffler -or- 5" round form factor, 3" in, 3" out
> * 3" single side exit tail pipe, mandrel bent
> * 3.5" rolled stainless exhaust tip, slashed 45*
>
> What I'm after is a deep sound you can recognize at a 1/2 a block away.
> The sound should say "OH, IT'S THAT DUDES DODGE TRUCK AGAIN." :-)
>

> So, I think FlowMaster's "40 Series Delta Flow" ranks up there. But then there's
> MagnaFlow's "Satin SS Universal" or "Turbo XL" product lines. And then there's Gibson's
> "Swept Side Exhaust" systems
>

> So who gets the vote for the deepest, most aggressive tone?
>

> Dan K.
>

> Dakota Club Cab LE, silver two-tone, born on June 24th, 1992 at 19:00.
> S/N: 677504
>
> Future Plans: 5.9L engine swap, cat-back exhaust, 3.91 rear

> http://mail.yahoo.com
>
> .
> .
> | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! |
> | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |