freon loss dave / rickster

From: Bob Nichols (bocd@optonline.net)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 19:30:06 EST

hey guys...

i tryed to find the leak last year using a screw in black light and
couldn't find anything.....but i think the bulb was a peice of
junk.....i saw no black light glow out of it at all. maybe it was a
cheap imitation.

i really don't want to pull the dash apart abd will pick up a real black
light and check it out further....every year for the past 3 years or so
i've had to have it charged at least 2 times a summer....

i'll look some more and let you guys know

thanks
bob

Rick Barnes wrote:

>>I think you just have to find that leak. When its hard to find, my
>>experience has been they leak at one of the connections. I have fixed that
>>by just tightening connections like a mofo...just my experience but
>>certainly not sophisticated.
>>
>>Rascal

.
.