Ball Joints Completed!!

From: JameyWelch@freightliner.com
Date: Thu Mar 16 2006 - 17:20:46 EST

Man, what a relief! I got all four Moog Ball Joints in place and new
tires installed on the front. The tires had worn so bad on the edges
that metal bands were showing! One final question about this. The
lower joints had the separate boots on them. For those that have
installed the Moogs, you know what I am talking about. I tried and
tried and worked and busted knuckles and everything to try and get the
boots to fit up around the joint. I finally just installed them without
getting them up on the joint, but oriented correctly as well as
correctly placed. I have an appointment in the morning to get the truck
aligned and was wondering if these are not supposed to be up around the
joint, or what. They have some sort of metal band around them and it
seems like the boot was about 3-4 mm too tight to get around the joint.
Any thoughts guys? Thanks for all of your advice and help! I couldn't
have done it without you all.

Sincerely,

Jamey

.