Re: Exhaust tube sources?

From: Kevin S (kevin14@surewest.net)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2006 - 12:41:26 EDT

J> Just wanted to know if anybody out there might have a good source
J> for exhaust pipe?

Summit sells aluminized parts and tube for a decent price, at least they
did a year ago when I built mine. I ended up buying some mandrels from them.
 Summit also has a good price on band clamps. Free shipping too (with $9
handling charge).

Just for kicks, I went to the local performance exhaust shop (who specialize
in everything "rice"), and asked about a mandrel system. They just laughed,
said nobody cares about Mandrel bends so they don't bother with them. They
were happy to do a "nice" crimp-bend system with duals and massive tips.

Anyway, because I wouldn't settle for anything but mandrel bends, they were
glad to at least sell me some parts. They had a very reasonable price on
the basic parts, and were actually a few bucks cheaper than Summit on the
sticks, cat, and muffler, and hangers. Might be worth a try.

FWIW - 3" turbo-back system for the car was $220 by the time I was finished
for sticks, bends, hangers, clamps, Magnaflow cat & muffler, and stainless
resonator tip. Not dirt cheap, but far better than a pre-made kit and put
together the way I wanted it.

Kevin

Kevin Sellstrom, W6KTB E-Mail:ksellstr@softcom.net
***Elk Grove, California***