Re: To sell or not

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2006 - 06:52:29 EDT

On 4/10/06, Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:
> I've got a failure to obey and a cell phone ticket on my record. I'd
> forgotten about the cell ticket until I was shopping around for
> insurance.

I had an accident (my fault) roll off my record last month, and a
failure to obey.

> I'm coming from Progressive to Geico to save the $$. Didn't check
> with an Allstate agent, might do that in 6 months. I'm certainly
> extremely happy with the Geico quote.

If you decide to do that, I went to The Lapier Agency on 96 in Victor.

> Since I'm fussing about it, I might as well give some numbers.
>
> 23 y.o. single male, renting.
> 100/300/100, 10, 100/300
> 500/1000 comp/col with glass on '02 Jetta TDI 5sp and '98 Dakota CC
> 318 auto 4x4
> liability only on '84 RamCharger 360 auto 4x4.
>
> $665/6 months with Geico.

We have pretty much the same coverage, except 1000 deductible all
around and married/not renting, on our 2 cars, plus the 10% multi-line
discount (homeowner's insurance), for just under $1000/year. It was
close to $1100/year till we moved out to the sticks. Geico was about
$1600/year, and last time I shopped pre-wedding, the cheapest I could
find was over $2000/year.

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |