Was: Spark plug suggestions?

From: Joseph A. Orsini (Joeman@gbonline.com)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2006 - 20:52:35 EDT

Changed the plugs tonight after work. Screwed up a plug
wire while taking off the wires (plugs and wires only had
around 10k miles on them) so now I need a suggestion for
plug wires. I still had my old set from the last tune up so
I swapped on one of those, but figure a mix of used and new
is a poor idea.

One thing, with the autolites how should the washers go on
the plug? The washers had a smaller diameter end and a
larger diameter end, which should have faced toward the
head? I went with smaller diameter figuring if it needed it
would seal up against the larger diameter. Does that make
sense? I don't recall ever getting plugs before with the
washers dancing around loose in the box and I thought I had
used autolites before.

The old plugs still looked good but I was getting poor
mileage, the old plugs were NGKs any thoughts on those?

-Joe

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |