Re: Re: ATTENTION ALL DML'ers!!

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2006 - 11:08:11 EDT

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com wrote:

> Since we'll
> be taking the Ram, I'll be limited to what I can fit in the backseat. Nothing
> goes in the bed of that truck

eh? you have other plans for the bed on the return trip or are you just
weird? =)

I can play shuffle too for you, most likely. I'll have some rims at
least, likely with tires, to be bringing with me, but I expect to have
plenty of bed room leftover.

> Was everyone just going to pay the extra money and get Wi-Fi through the
> campground?

I think we'd been thinking of trying to NAT it

> Now my thought is, if
> we can get this working like we want, I just got a Cingular Wireless broadband
> PC card for my laptop in the truck and the idea is to share out the connection
> and connect the Linksys WAN port to the on board RJ45 on the back of the
> laptop. Theory being, I should be able to set up an access point right in the
> truck that will also travel with us on our day trips

that is the coolest, geekiest thing ever. I LOVE it.

I also expect cell coverage to be weak, and not high speed. So we may
still want to try to NAT the campground's connection for better
performance while at base camp.

> I also have a wireless streaming IP camera
> that I want to see if I can get it to stream right from the cab of the truck.

That looks a lot more doable this way than the weather baloon wireless we
were contemplating for the BBQ 2 years ago =)

> Radio Shack has an DLP Projector with a built in DVD
> player on sale right now.

if it's the same one that I saw at Office Max I think it was a week or two
ago it's a dim-ass pile of crap that doesn't do "DLP" justice. I think it
was powered by a 100w incandecant bulb from the look of it. yuck!

Just my humble opinion of course.... =)

--
  +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
  | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |

. . .------------------------------------------------------------------. | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! | | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net | `------------------------------------------------------------------'