Re: CB Radios

From: ttroidl@bluefrog.com
Date: Thu May 04 2006 - 00:32:36 EDT

Try a Wilson fiberglass, they made a hatchback mount i've used in the
past 'Valor' that works well just keep the ant 4' or less OR add a
stainless spring or you could damage your hatch with flexing.

OR try the little Wilson Mag mt. super antenna for the money!

Tony.

Quoting Josh <josh@omg-stfu.com>:

> I know a bunch of you guys have CBs in your trucks, perhaps you can help
> me out a little. I'm thinking about mounting a CB in the 'Tona to help me
> with traffic conditions and for entertainment in general.
>
> I was thinking about going with this [1] Cobra 29 and optioning for the
> performance tuning package (the first one). Should I invest in a power
> mike? What kind of antenna should I be using?
>
> I'd like to get something that'll not be too obtrusive and Ideally it'll
> be a black fiberglass one similar to this [2]. I'm flexable on mounting
> but I'd like to keep it on the rear of the roof or the top part of the
> hatch. It can be a magnetic mount [3] or whatever, I don't care. I'll
> drill a hole in the car if I have to, it's no biggie as long as it won't
> leak.
>
> [1] http://www.claysradioshop.com/cobra29wx%20nwst.htm
> [2] http://www.claysradioshop.com/citizensband_firestick%20antennas.htm
> [3] http://www.claysradioshop.com/acc_magneticbases.htm
>
> Help me pick quality stuff. I think I've got a pretty good handle on it
> with the stuff I've linked to, what do you guys think? Good? Bad?
>
> - Josh
>
> .
> .
> | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! |
> | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |

This message was sent using BlueFrog's Webmail System
http://www.bluefrog.com

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |