Viper fan W/ OD shutoff

From: David McKittrick (dml@mckittricks.ca)
Date: Tue May 09 2006 - 12:45:50 EDT

Hey everyone. Coming out of lurk mode for a question.
I am getting ready to do the Viper fan mod
(http://faq.dakota-truck.net/HOWTO/viper_fan_install.html)

I was thinking back to a post from a while ago where someone stuck a
momentary closed switch in the front of their grill so when their wind speed
was high enough by driving the electric fan would shut down.
Nice idea except here in Canada during the winter that switch would get
packed with snow and ice.

I was thinking of taking a line off the OD. When I hit my cruising speed of
80kph my OD kicks in witch would be a perfect spot to have the fan shut
down.

My question is, what line could I tap into to get a signal to a relay when
the OD is running. (Over 80kph).
I have been all over my FSM and can't find a spot where I can tap into.

Thanks.

98cc v6 3.9 2 wheel auto

David McKittrick (david@mckittricks.ca)
McKittrick's Ltd.