Re: Viper fan W/ OD shutoff

From: WiLieR[SS] (waffle787@gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2006 - 16:18:26 EDT

On 5/9/06, David McKittrick <dml@mckittricks.ca> wrote:
> I was thinking of taking a line off the OD. When I hit my cruising speed of
> 80kph my OD kicks in witch would be a perfect spot to have the fan shut
> down.
>
> My question is, what line could I tap into to get a signal to a relay when
> the OD is running. (Over 80kph).
> I have been all over my FSM and can't find a spot where I can tap into.
> David McKittrick (david@mckittricks.ca)

David,
I would go over the wiring schematics and run the switch off the
torque converter lockup solenoid wire. Your torque converter locks up
only after you reach a specific speed and while in od, unless you have
the od switched off and then it only locks in third gear and at a
specific speed. On my Gen-II the tq converter locks at 45mph, not
sure what kph that is though. Anything less than 45mph and the
converter unlocks. This would probably be the easiest way to setup a
switch like you mention.

WiLieR

.
.