Re: DML BBQ --> Rented a Jeep

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2006 - 12:38:42 EDT

If "offroading" voids the insurance, then we just flip it ON a road. ;)
Now, we might have to drag it ONTO a road and then call a tow truck and have
the driver be a witness to the fact that the damage occurred on a road, but
that's just what i will do. :D

When i was looking at the Hertz website, it said the weekly rate was $319
(or thereabouts).
Then when i asked the guy on te 800 number, he told me $279.
THEN!!! I heard someone else called and talked to the agent at the counter
and got $264.
So i'm guessing that there may be some room to bargain them down a bit,
given all of this info. Just say your friend got it for $219. :D :D :D

I think i will have to keep an eye out for any internet special codes for
Hertz in the next couple of months. ;)

The Adam Blaster
Two words, figure it out.....

>"Mr. Plow" <adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com> wrote:
>: I've got it reserved from July 14-21 at Denver International Airport. It
>: was $279/week, and after taxes and everything it came to $366.00.
>

> How did you manage that? Hertz's web site is currently showing a
>Wrangler out of their Denver airport location at a base rate of $405,
>$522 after tax! Didja call in person and use a really sexy voice or
>something? If so, can you teach me how to do the voice? ;-)
>

>: It will probably be worth paying the extra coin and just be able to drop
>it
>: off back at the rental location and toss them the keys and not worry
>about
>: any damage that may have occurred due to driver abuse.
>: lololololol
>

> You might want to check the fine print real carefully too, I
>wouldn't be surprised if offroading completely voids the insurance. :-(
>
>--
> -Jon-

.
.