Re: Campsites etc

From: Woodruff, Jason P (jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com)
Date: Fri May 12 2006 - 15:30:20 EDT

I don't have all the vacation time in the world. Plus I've got a young
one that might be crawling around the house by then, wife requires my
assistance for those days.
When the events span 2 weekends like this the organizers usually provide
storage for the week. I only have to check to see if I can pull my
truck out of it mid-week. The race is at the Denver Airport, so its not
going to get any closer.
What do you expect the parking situation to be on the camp site. Like I
said, I usually just end up in the bed of the truck with a sleeping bag.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota
On Wed, May 10, 2006 6:56 pm, Woodruff, Jason P said:

> Looks like I'll be making a partial visit to the DML meet in Colorado.

Cool! Glad you'll be able to make it.
> My plan is as such; I'll be driving out to Denver for a race on July
> 15-16, flying home the night of the 16th, flying back out the morning
of
> the 19th and will catch up with the group at the Coor's Brewery.
Silly question... what's with the two day trip back home? Why not just
stay
in the area as long as you're already there? Just curious. I know if it
was
me, there's no way I'd be able to get anything productive done at home
in the
middle of two trips like that.
Also, do you have a safe place to park your truck while you're back
home? If
you wanted to leave it at the meet campground, you might be better off
to fly
out of Colorado Springs.
> So what does the camping situation look like at the present? Since its

> just me, I have no trouble sleeping the bed of my truck with an air
> mattress and sleeping bag.
There are a few spots available in DML HQ. However, in order to reserve
your
own spot there, we've been asking people to go all or nothing and pay
for the
entire duration ($152 for 8 nights). It's going to cost $1520 to have
this
area, which has to come from somewhere.
In your situation, you might not want to fork out that much money for a
few
nights, which I'd understand. Or, you might decide to be generous and
help
out the rest of the group, that's up to you. Just wanted to let you know
that
there are spaces still open.
If you want to contribute whatever you feel is appropriate for the time
you'll
be there, we can't reserve a full spot for you, and you might end up
sharing a
spot with someone. At this point, it looks like there will be sufficient
room
to spread out, but you'll have to decide if you want to chance it. In
any
case, I'm sure we can find a place for you.
I don't know what the situation is like in the rest of the campground.
Since
you'll be there in the middle of a non-holiday week, it shouldn't be too
bad,
but July *is* their busiest time of year...

--
Jason Bleazard

. . .------------------------------------------------------------------. | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! | | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net | `------------------------------------------------------------------'