Re: How to bring a Jeep back from Colorado?

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Fri May 19 2006 - 14:39:20 EDT

That would do it, LOL.

I still have nightmares about AAA. IIRC, the "Premier" or "Plus" membership
coverage varies by issuing franchise. AAA of Hartford only covers the first
100 miles with their plus membership, which is the normal. I never saw a 200
mile membership in the years I did AAA. Another thing is, AAA also doesn't
cover unregistered vehicles though I've seen drivers who still did the tow.
It's stupid on their part because, as a driver, I would make more money doing
the tow at normal tow rates than for what AAA pays. When I was still in the
business, I've actually fired drivers for towing an unregistered vehicle for a
AAA call. If any of my guys got caught, our shop could face suspension or
termination of our contract. Not that it would have been that big of a loss,
AAA pays squat! You only really make money on repairs you manage to bring back
to your own shop. For a tow, we got paid $25 for hookup and first 5 miles and
$2 each additional mile if it was a plus member. Basic members were only
covered for the first 5 miles and with my shop being in the city, 99% of the
AAA calls we did were under 5 miles. So, with that $25, I had to pay for fuel,
insurance, truck payment, pay the driver, etc.... Not much profit left there.
Light service calls were a flat out loss, we only got paid $8 for those. As a
towing operator, it beats the hell out of your equipment for no real pay. But
it's a good value for it's members considering what towing rates are without
it.

Walt

In article <365.4a5281a.319e94d7@aol.com>, Olznut@aol.com writes:

> Or you can
> gather a few friends with "AAA Premier" which has 200 mile towing and stretch
> that out until you get home.........
.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |