Re: Bedliner Or Rubberized Undercoating?

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2006 - 02:02:58 EDT

Terrible Tom wrote:

> Hey gang, I'm pondering using something to protect the frame from the
> elements. I'm thinking of Duplicolor or herculiner - or I've looked at
> 3M's rubberized undercoating (spray can).
>
> I've been wondering of the results that people who have used these kinds
> of products have seen? Thoughts? Comments? Opinions?

Whatever you do, do not use undercoating. It's a SOB to get clean and
will crack and peel over time. Herculiner or DupliColor would be my
choice for a non-show vehicle (show car I'd use POR-15).

If you need convinced not to go with undercoating, I'd be more than
willing to let ya help me remove it from the 98 this winter! :)

Gary Hedlin
98 Dakota RC Sport 3.9
05 Dakota CC SLT 4.7
www.garyhedlin.com