96 Dakota tranny

From: Don Welshans (dwelshans@adelphia.net)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2006 - 21:35:19 EDT

I'm fairly new to this list and usually just lurk reading the posts, but I
do have a problem. I have a 96 Dakota extended cab with a 3.9 v-6, two wheel
drive. Lately it has been giving a little bit of a jerk when the trans
shifts into overdrive. It does it about 45-48 mph. I tried it with od locked
out and it does the same thing when it shifts into high gear. When using od,
it does it when it shifts from high(4th) into od. I had a trans service
done, and my mechanic added a bottle of Lucas tranny magic. Its been about a
week now and still doing it. If I anticipate when it is going to shift into
od and let up on the gas a little, it won't do it. Truck has about 139,000
on it. Anybody had a similar problem or have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Don Welshans

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |