RE: GPS Unit Recommendations?

From: barry superhawk (barrysuperhawk@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2006 - 17:56:51 EDT

Tom,
  I have a Magellan Meridian Color, which shares the same 64mb limitation as
David Henry's Magellan explorist. Personally, I use the heck out of it, and
once you learn the interface, it works very well. The 64 MB limit isn't
that bad, When I went to the DML BBQ, I used 3 maps, my Illinois map, a
small "strip map" covering most of I90, and then a NY map. It works at 30k
feet inside an airplane, too! The only real fault I have to bitch about is
it EATS batteries if you don't make use of the vehicle power cord.
  If you are looking exclusively at vehicle bourne use, the Rodemate is
plenty nice, but the best bargain I see is the Meridian Marine. No, I am
not joking with you [all of the meridians are waterproof] but with the
marine you get all of the same features as my color unit for 1/2 the $$, and
you can flash it to take new maps and such. IM me or call me if you want
more detailed info.

>From: Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com>
>To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
>Subject: DML: GPS Unit Recommendations?
>Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 00:40:01 -0500
>

>Time to think about getting a GPS for the trip out west - recommendations??
>

>--
>Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
>75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
>95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
>http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/
>AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine
>
>.
>.
>| Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! |
>| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |