RE: Pressure Test

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2006 - 11:58:16 EDT

I'm curious how one determines the condition of a cat through a vacuum test?

> I was about to change the fuel filter but noticed it doesn't have
> an inline like my '93.
> Does the bed have to be removed to replace the regulator/filter?

To me that is the easiest way...but you could drop the tank.

> Is it part of the pump or can it be replaced independently?

Typically the in-tank filter can be replaced independently. At least that's
the way it is on my '92. Doesn't really make sense to have to change a
pump just because the filter got clogged.....which I think would be a rare
occurrence anyway. (there's a lot of filter media there)

> How is a pressure test done on this?
> Is there a gauge that screws onto the
> port on the fuel rail?

Yes.

> Is it a dealer tool or auto parts store tool?

Available at AutoZone - Sunpro/Actron fuel pressure test kit - CP7818
Sells for around $37.

Ray

.
.