Re: RE: Help needed to find vibration - dealer report

From: Robert Schultz (not_robert_schultz@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2006 - 09:15:23 EDT

Well, as expected, there is a shimmy and they could feel it, but after
checking the front end they blamed tires or suspension.

The part I liked is the way they talked about the modifications (mild -
Hotchkis suspension and wider tires on R/T rims). It was like it was an
arcane piece of technology with lot's of intricate parts inside. "Ooooh,
it could be the aftermarket suspension, but we wouldn't know what to do
with that, or those wider tires could cause the problem." Umm, guys,
it's a set of springs, and roll bars. The tires are black and round.
What's to understand?

Alignment shop next I guess.

If it's the shocks, then replacement is the only test I can think of.
There's no visible leaks.

Rob S.