Re: wrecked the neon

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2006 - 01:23:10 EDT

On Mon, July 24, 2006 11:53 pm, Terrible Tom said:

> About an hour and a half ago I was driving through a car dealers lot
> looking at cars (guys version of window shopping)...looked to me left -
> started turning right, foot on the brake, no idea how fast I was going..
> maybe 10, 11, whatever... was good enough to take out the hood, bumper,
> radiator, and support and who knows what else. I can't get the hood
> open. Plowed nose first into the concrete base of a lamp post.

Yoda says:
"This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to
the future, to the new cars on the lot. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm?
What he was doing. Hmph. Cars. Heh. Trucks. Heh. A Jedi craves not these
things. You are reckless."

Sorry Tom, couldn't resist. Sorry to hear about the Neon. You gotta start
watching where you're going, I think.

On an unrelated topic... I don't know if it'll make you feel any better, but
it turned out you were right to have been concerned about the driver's side
brake caliper on Norah's Dakota. I took it in on Monday to a local dealer for
an oil change and brake fluid flush. The bleeder screw on that caliper
snapped right off in the tech's hand. They took me back to have a look at it.
 He agreed with you that it was probably sticking a bit, and we decided that
rather than fool around with an EZ-out (which, based on what I saw, didn't
stand a good chance of working anyway), I'd be better off replacing the
caliper. For a while it was starting to look like we were going to end up
postponing our departure as they couldn't locate the part, but finally they
managed to find an aftermarket version somewhere. Not a fun way to spend the
last day of a vacation. The tech did ask how it got SO rusty for only being
five years old. Funny, I thought it was in pretty good shape for its age. I
reminded him we live in Ontario. Blank stare. "It's near Buffalo."
AAAaaaaaahhhhhh... the rust belt! Yeah.

Just another reason I'd like to move out there some day.

> F'ed up my left hand when it was jammed into the steering wheel.

Did you get that looked at yet? Or is it less serious than it sounds?