Re: Re: Fan clutch

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2006 - 14:04:16 EDT

On Sat, August 5, 2006 5:13 am, Biff Byrum wrote:

> Three years?? I wish. Elimination of the thermal clutch is illegal, under
> EPA rules. I doubt the heavy duty lasts much better. just buy the 60 dollar
> ones whenever yoiu have to. Biff

Mine still worked fine at 6 years and 90k miles when I removed it. I
replaced the water pump and went all e-fan at the time. Is it uncommon for
it to last that long?

Why is it illegal to remove it?

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.