Re: Truck shuts down while driving

From: Alberto Aguirre Jr (bluedoberman@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2006 - 13:47:45 EDT

The erratic speedometer and along with ABS and brake
lights on is Rear wheel speed sensor.

I used to have the condition if I was moving at steady
pace truck stayed on. If I was at a light in idle it
was cool. The moment I tapped gas to inch forward,
and let off the gas, truck turned off. Some assume
fuel filter or even worse the fuel pump. Turned out
that although not "dead" the battery power was below a
level for my vehicle to function properly. Perhaps
the deeper rooted issue may be my alternator. My
battery just died yesterday and lasted only 1.5 years,
so I swapped for free (3yr warranty). It tested as bad
battery. I didnt have those symptoms this time....but
its always slightly different, yet so far the same
problem over and over...Speed sensor and battery.