Re: OT Caravan Exhaust Q

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2006 - 09:36:28 EDT

At 12:10 AM 8/11/06, you wrote:
><SNIP> Theres a product that autozone sells I "think" its called ThermoSeal.

Thanks, Tom. Unfortunately, there's no Autozone in Ont. Most of the U.S.
auto. supply stores closed up in Burlington many years ago. NAPA is
about the only one that I know of that is still open.

There are a couple products that I've accumulated over the years
for my "racing inventory" ;-) One is called Liquid Metal but, while quite good,
I think that "ThermoSeal" might be a better product. The other is called
Quick Weld Compound by Dynatex and is probably closest to "ThernoSeal".
It's a cold bonding compound which requires mixing resin and hardener.
There's a one hour (at room temp.) working time, sets in 4-6 hours and
cures in 24. It supposed to work quite well on intake manifolds, transmission
cases and engine blocks. Will see how it likes mufflers :-)

Now all I have to do is to convince my aching joints to crawl underneath the van :-(
Aging is over-rated >:-}

Bob