Re: OT Caravan Exhaust Q

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2006 - 00:10:01 EDT

Bob Tom wrote:
> At 08:13 AM 8/10/06, you wrote:
>
>><SNIP> - is it possible to pick up an el cheapo version
>>for $20 or so?
>

> Not in Canada :-( I've read that someone put on
> a Walker Sound FX muffler ($50-60CND) but will have
> to check around to see who has them and if they have
> one for the 96 Grand Caravan model.
>

>> Depending on the severity of the leak, maybe some muffler
>>goop would hold it off temporarily, or you can buy "liquid
>>metal" at the auto parts stores which is strong enough to be
>>filed, sanded, tapped, etc. after it hardens. If you can
>>pack the seam with that stuff, that may do the trick.

Theres a product that autozone sells I "think" its called ThermoSeal.
Its sold in a little jar, its a chunky metallic pastey stuff. You stirr
the heck out of it and mix it up real good, then pack it on whatever you
want to seal. The trick is you have to cure it. Best way is to start
the car/truck up and let it idle a few minutes. If the stuff starts to
bubble, and it will eventually... shut the engine off right away. Let
it cool... repeat. usually takes 3 or so curing sessions. When its
cured properly - it will be bullet proof. I used that stuff to patch up
the hack job exhaust on that old Ranger I had... and I also used it to
plug the smog tube ports in Christine's old V6 exhaust manifolds, when I
removed the tubes. Works exxxxcellent.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine