Transmission Work

From: Phillip Batson (pbatson68@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 12:38:43 EDT

I'm starting to have some issues with my transmission. I've kept up with all the maintenance, but it still doesn't want to "grab" when I put it into reverse after starting up. And I've noticed that it isn't dropping into the OD as quickly anymore. Do you guys think it's better to take it to the dealer to look at or a 3rd party transmission outfit? I'm in the South Chicagoland area, Joliet, specifically. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Phil
2000 4x4 CC 4.7L (87k miles)