Radiator drain

From: Garret Lewis (ladysmithgwl@1bigred.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2006 - 15:59:32 EDT

Ok, I was needing to drain some coolant out of my radiator. I had a Minakee
shop do a BG flush on the radiator/cooling system about a month ago. When I
turned the drain on the radiator, nothing drained out. I took the radiator
cap off and nothing. I turned the valve vertical and horizontal without any
coolant draining. So, I just want to confirm which way is open. The drain
valve must be clogged; but, before I try too hard to clear it out I want to
verify which way opens the drain. Should the valve be vertical or
horizontal to open the drain?

Thanks,
1997, 4x4, V8, CC