Re: Radiator drain

From: G. Lewis (ladysmithgwl@1bigred.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2006 - 08:38:28 EDT

No, my radiator does not have the brass screw fitting like on the bottom of my air tank and older radiators I've seen and like what is on my tractor. It has a plastic (got to love that) valve that you turn to open the drain.

About the alcohol.....Yes, drinking alcohol is a cure for ethyl glycol poisoning. The drinking alcohol "competes" against the ethyl glycol for the receptors in the body and keeps the antifreeze from doing so much damage.

Garret
1997, 4x4, V8, CC
(Also a paramedic)