Re: Question regarding Tie Rods

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2006 - 08:53:28 EDT

I just use a tape measure and I pick a tread to measure from.

On my Dart, I like having 1 3/4" difference between the front-of-tire
measurement and the rear-of-tire measurement for toe-in. These are
205/70R14 tires. I havn't adjusted my Dakota yet...I figure I'll
mangle a tire offroading before I eat one from road wear. Anyway, ever
since I cranked up the torsion bars, I don't get any more uneven wear.
Cool.

Don in CT
89 Dakota Convertible 5.2 5spd 4x4
74 Dart Sport 340